Monday, September 3, 2007

Labor Day

Because a driveway is for parking and a parkway is for driving, because seeding can mean removing or planting seeds, and because of so many other linguistic anomalies that I can't think of right now … it only stands to reason that on Labor Day, we must jump in cars and speed home from wherever we have been doing anything but working!

Today, I drove home from central Vermont with Karin and Ann. We stopped for brunch at a sugar shack near the farm, where "laid-back" didn't begin to describe the quality of service. We were anxious to get on the road, not looking forward to any traffic jams we might encounter. The actual ride, however, was uneventful and swift! Before we knew it, we were back in Salem to drop off Ann, visit my parents, and collect Patica. Just over an hour later, I had transferred my gear (and dog) from Karin's car to mine and arrived at home.

All in all, it was a great day. Not laborious at all.

No comments: